Wolfpack Red

Sunday, November 21, 2010

Conceal and Carry Permit Class

Never thought I would shoot a gun.....
Kyle has wanted to take a conceal and carry permit class for a while and I finally said that I would take the class with him. Luckily our neighbor has a friend that works for Progress Energy and also teaches the class so on Saturday 7 of us took the class. We started at 8am and watch 2 hours of 1985 old video learning the laws of NC and what it means to have a C&C permit. The next hour or two to follow was going over parts of a gun, how to clean a gun, and making sure we understood the rules of NC. The morning portion finished with a test. I got a 95 and scored higher than Kyle :)
The second half of the day was spent learning how to shoot guns and taking a time trial. 4 of us taking the class had never shot a real gun before, so we had to take our time. Holding a gun for the first time was pretty intimidating. I was shaking and nervous. I never knew guns were so heavy. But after learning how to load, unload, and holster the gun it was time to shoot. I did very well in the practice round. When it came time for the test of shooting 30 rounds on the teachers command it was a little harder. After spending a few hours shooting and watching others shoot it became more comfortable and we passed the class. Kyle and I just need to go get background check to finalize the permit.
Who knows what is next in our crazy things that we decide to do. Don't worry sis, I wont be coming to Columbia with a gun.


Me with Tracy and Sonia after shooting our 30 rounds


me after shooting my 30 rounds

1 comments:

NaRiHo said...

That was a very idea that Kyle had.. We used to shoot all the time and even taught Richrd, of course living out in the country you better know how to shot, plus it's fun to target shoot! I am better with a Rifle.. that's my favorite.