Wolfpack Red

Monday, July 7, 2008

4th of July at Deep Creek Lake in Maryland

Kyle and I headed up to the DC/Maryland area to spend the 4th of July with his family.  The Day's own a lake house at Deep Creek in the mountains of Maryland.  We got there on Wednesday and came home today.  The majority of time we were there it was cloudy or rainy. The temperature was only in the low 70's during the day so of course I was cold.  We had a good time relaxing with the family.  Unfortunately I got stuck playing trivial pursuit, but luckily on was on the winning team.  I am horrible at trivia.

Yesterday we spent the day in DC with Kyle's cousin.  He just bought a new house on Cathedral Avenue, it is gorgeous.  We did a little sightseeing, ate sushi at Cafe Asia for lunch, went to see Hancock, and had peking duck for dinner.


View of the house from the boat


View of the house from the bottom of the hill


View of the dock from the house porch


Deep Creek Lake, Maryland

3 comments:

NaRiHo said...

Nice Place! Glad you had the chance to go and that you all had such a nice time - That what memories are made of :>)

Lisa Y said...

Oh, so sorry you had to slum it over the 4th! I don't know about you, but when I think of lake house that is not what is in my head :)

yomama said...

I neve imagined Maryland to be so beautiful! Tell Kyle we say Hi!
Pam